Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Back from a Long Hiatus

Good Evening - I am excited to be back. It has been a long time since I posted on my blog page. Truthfully I lost the inspiration. Then came babies, toddlers, job promotions, pandemic, etc. But now I am feeling the urge to take back up posting. I had some friends bring up "what happened to your blog?" and "I enjoyed reading about your recipes", so I figured I would start sharing again. 


On the cusp of Summer time here in Buffalo and all the local produce is starting to hit the CSAs and farmers markets. So looking forward to all the local produce. We switched up CSAs this year and I am looking forward to trying something different. We have our first pick up this week! I am hoping for some nice lettuces. 

At the start of the pandemic, we started to order produce boxes from a local farmer and we have really enjoyed those as well. I like the weekly produce box option because it is flexible and you do not have commit to purchasing a whole season. Similar to a CSA, you get what is available each week - not all is local or home grown, but the produce quality is still very nice. 

I will try to come up with some recipes using the seasonal produce we receive either in our CSA or produce box. 


Enjoy the beautiful Summer weather!

Elle


No comments:

Post a Comment