Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Discovering Quinoa


So this last month I have been experimenting with Quinoa. I have heard so much about this super grain and wanted to try some of the many recipes I have seen/pinned from Pinterest. Two of my favorites are PB&J Quinoa for breakfast and Quinoa Pizza Bites. Last night I made the pizza bites and I wanted to share with you the recipe because it was delicious and very filling.

I hope you all enjoy! 

Quinoa Pizza Bites
½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
1 cup water (to cook quinoa)
1 egg
1 Tbsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
¼ cup parmesan cheese
Any other toppings you would like, chopped into small pieces. I LOVE pepperoni, so I cut 8 slices into small pieces
Pizza or spaghetti sauce for dipping (I used about ¼ cup – I love sauce)

Cook your quinoa! Boil the quinoa and 1 cup water and cover. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes (until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all of your ingredients (except the pizza sauce) in a mixing bowl until it is well mixed.

Lightly spray the bottom of a mini-muffin tin with olive oil spray. Using a tablespoon, scoop about 1Tbsp into each muffin tin, it should fill almost all of them!

Bake them for 20 minutes and let cool a couple minutes in the muffin tins. Pop out of the tins and serve them warm with pizza sauce to dip in!

Quinoa Pizza Bite - yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment