Friday, March 22, 2013

Easter Egg Wreath





I forgot to post about an Easter wreath I made my grandfather. I found this post on Pinterest and thought I would try to make one. I think it turned out pretty cute, don’t you think? It was super cheap too. I used the following materials:

-          A cardboard box, it was big enough to cut out a 12” circle. I used a large serving plate to trace the outline and a dessert plate to trace the inside circle.
-          2 – 18 count packs of Easter eggs. These I found at the Dollar Tree. At $1 per pack, you cannot go wrong!
-          ½ package of Easter grass. I had one bag leftover from last year, but I found these bags at the Dollar Tree as well.
-          Hot Glue Gun & about 4 glue sticks
-          6” Ribbon. I also had this already

Overall, the project cost less than $3! And I am pretty happy with it. Next year I am thinking about making a bunch of wreaths for each of my aunts. I will probably buy in larger quantities from Oriental Trading  to get a better price per wreath.

Here are the stages:
I started with my wreath form base that was cut out of a cardboard box. I then staggered the plastic eggs along the wreath. 
Here is what the first layer of eggs look like
Next I added the Easter grass and glued it down in between the eggs to fill in the wreath form.
After adding the grass, I glue on an addition layer of eggs on top of the base layer to  make the wreath look fuller.
Once you have all of your eggs and grass glued down, add the ribbon to hang your wreath! 
Ta Da! A simple, yet cute Easter Wreath. My Grandfather loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment