Friday, April 26, 2013

Puerto Rico

So I know that I have been really bad about posting lately. It is amazing how life can get in the way (well...sort of). Christopher and I are currently in Puerto Rico for a week. I had the opportunity to travel down here for work with Praxair. Christopher already had a couple of days off this week so he decided to join me and take the whole week off. Why not right?

We are having a great time! Yesterday I can my last work meeting and was able to enjoy the warmth and pool. So far Christopher has gone on an excursion through the rain forest - hiking, repelling down a waterfall and ziplining. He said that it was an amazing adventure and I am excited to post some of the pictures from his day. We also went into Old San Juan on Tuesday night to walk around, have a couple of drinks and eat one of the most amazing meals I have had in a long time. Wednesday night we went on a kayaking excursion into a Bio Bay. It was like a Disney World ride but BETTER because it was completely real! Although we do have any pictures from that adventure, the memory will stay with us forever! The water actually glowed (we are talking Avatar style) when we touched it, splashed around in it and paddled through it. It was also a great night out. The moon shined through the mangrove we kayaked through and it was very romantic.

Not entirely sure what today will bring. We are thinking about some more pool time, walking around the city for a bit and possibly going back to Old San Juan for our last meal on the island.

Oh and I forgot - last night we ventured down the street to a bar to eat and watch the NFL draft. There were a couple of others there who wanted to watch the draft as well, but I think the bartender thought we were all crazy! It was fun until the Bills made their pick....really?

Christopher is still sleeping off his disappointment this morning. Maybe a trip to Starbucks will help him recover?

No comments:

Post a Comment