Monday, May 12, 2014

This Year's Garden


With Spring and warm temperatures finally here, we figured it was time to get the yard and garden in shape. Saturday I picked up all of our plants (FYI - Hi-Way nursery is the best! Their flowers looked amazing) and then got out all of my planters, hanging baskets, tools, etc to get the job done. I ended up weeding the ENTIRE back garden and got all of the planters and hanging baskets in. Plus the vegetables planted - phew. I am exhausted just thinking about all of the work that I put in.



Then on Sunday, Christopher picked up extra seed, Scott's Spring Turf builder and some Preen for me and he started to work on the lawn. Before brunch with our mom's, I weeded the front bed and completed ALL of the planting. Let's just say, I relaxed the rest of the afternoon :)


So glad to have all of it done. I am so pleased that our hard work last year in planting lots of perennials paid off. Most of the plants came back! We are happy because this winter and spring have been so rainy we were afraid that some of the bulbs and root systems would drown. It is definitely something we have to keep in mind when planting. In previous years the water has not been as bad in the back.

Looking forward to posting more pictures as the garden blooms and grows!



No comments:

Post a Comment