Thursday, October 2, 2014

Buffalo Scallops Recipe



Who doesn't love anything Buffalo? I saw this recipe on Pinterest a while ago for Buffalo Scallops. At first, I was pretty hesitant because I wasn't sure how seafood and buffalo sauce could possibly mix. But I put my brave girl pants on and tried it for dinner the other night. And it wasn't all that bad. I honestly thought the seasonings used in the recipe for a little much and made the scallops a lot hotter than I would prefer, but with a little tinkering with the recipe, I think we will make this again. Christopher thought the same thing and wondered why I would follow the recipe if I know I can make it better - next time I guess.

I will share with you below the recipe that I used, but eventually if I make this again, I will repost the changes made.

1/2 lb bay scallops
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
1/8 cup bread crumbs (it is so crumbly in the picture because I accidentally poured more crumbs than needed - oops - definitely do not do that)
1/2 cup Buffalo sauce of choice

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine the spices, olive oil and bread crumbs. In a greased 8x8 Pyrex dish, layer the scallops in a single layer and sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the top of the scallops. Drizzle 1/2 of the Buffalo sauce over the top of the scallops & crumb mixture. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the scallops are cooked through. Toss with remainder of the Buffalo sauce and serve.

I served ours with a side of green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment