Monday, March 2, 2015

Easy Make Ahead Dinners

Last week I made two easy make-ahead dinners for nights where we both had stuff going on post-work. I thought I would share them with you all! You know me and planning :)


Turkey Spinach Meatballs
1/2 lb ground turkey
1 cup spinach (I tore it into smaller pieces and removed the stems)
1/2 cup ground flaxseed (or you can use bread crumbs)
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella

In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey, spinach, ground flaxseed, garlic powder and mozzarella well - get those hands dirty! Once well combined, shape into meatballs. I made mine about 1 to 1.5" in diameter. Once all of the meat has been rolled into meatballs, place all of the meatballs into a skillet and cook on medium-high heat, rotating the meatballs so all sides are evenly browned.

Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Meatballs will keep for up to 3 days OR freeze and use meatballs when needed up to 4 months.

I baked the meatballs for dinner - covered them in sauce and some more cheese and baked until they were heated.



Baked Gnocchi Bacon
1 package store bought gnocchi, cooked
6 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
1 cup favorite tomato sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella

After cooking the gnocchi according to the package directions and cooking up the 6 slices of bacon and chopping it, grease a 9x9 baking dish and add the tomato sauce. Mix in about 3/4 of the chopped bacon. Then add the gnocchi to the baking dish with the sauce and bacon and mix to combine, making sure all of the pasta is coated in the tomato sauce. Sprinkle the mozzarella over all of the gnocchi and then sprinkle the remaining bacon on top of the mozzarella. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook, up to 2 days.

When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the cheese and nice and bubbly. You will notice in the picture I forgot to sprinkle the bacon on top of the mozzarella. Oops! I used all of the bacon in the sauce mixture, so I quickly cooked up two slices and roughly chopped them up and sprinkled on after I pulled the bake out of the oven. Still delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment