Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Today's Lenten Reflection

I really liked this morning's Lenten reflection and I thought I would share it with you.


Noticing God's Presence - Henri J.M.  Nouwen

"Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known." (Jeremiah 33:3)

Every encounter in life involves the spiritual discipline of seeing God in others and making known to others what we have seen. Since our seeing is only partial, we also need other people who will help us to see. Through each encounter, we will come to see more clearly. Everyone is a different refraction of the same love of God, the same light of the world, coming to us. We need a contemplative discipline for seeing this light. If I have discovered God as the center of my being, then the God in me recognizes God in the world. We also then recognize the demons at work in us and the world. The demons are always close, trying to conquer us. The spiritual life requires a constant and vigilant deepening and enlivening of the presence of God in our hearts.

Jesus, help me be more attentive to God's hidden presence in others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment