Friday, January 16, 2015

Our Disney December Trip - Day 3


FULL DISCLOSURE: There are ALOT of pictures from Day 3 because it was our Epcot Drink Around the World Challenge Day. Therefore, instead of making this post even longer with narration, I will simply post the Pavilion and Drink we each had. How did it go? It was a lot of work and towards the end, not as much fun as we anticipated. BUT we both finished and are excited to cross that challenge off our Disney list.

Someone was ready for some drinky drinky


Pre-sloppy photo



Elle Drink 1 - Chocolate Peppermint Schnapps Drink. This was a specialty drink at the Promenade that is open at Christmas time. I did not care for the Ice Wine served in Canada, so I improvised with this one. 

Christopher had to get a Cronut - surprised? Nope

We had lunch (Candlelight Processional Package) at Rose & Crown (UK Pavilion) and LOVED IT. Christopher Drink 1/Elle Drink 2 - Macallan Scotch Flight.

I had the cheese assortment to start and Fish & Chips for my entree. All was so delicious!

Christopher had the scotch egg to start and the steak for his entree.



I was way too full for dessert, but Christopher squeezed in a delicious Banoffee Tart. I had a couple of bites and it was delicious!

Christopher Drink #2 - Moosehead (Canada Pavilion - therefore a Moose picture is essential.

While we were resting after lunch, we caught a great performance by a Canadian band that sang Christmas Carols. 

I found SPODE Christmas Tree China. This set is just a little bit bigger than mine.


I also ran into my favorite princess - Aurora!


Elle Drink #3 - Grand Marnier Grey Goose Martini (France)

Christopher Drink #3 - Kronenbourg 1664 (France)

Christopher Drink #4 - Casa Beer (Morocco)

Elle Drink #4 - White Sangria (Morocco)

Elle Drink #5 - Sake (Japan)

Christopher Drink #5 - Sapporo (Japan)

We then took a break from walking around and drinking to catch our performance of the Candlelight Processional. Our celebrity narrator was Edward James Olmos.

The performance is breath-taking and we would highly recommend to all of our friends and family to catch a perfomance. 


Christopher Drink #6 - Sam Adams (American Adventure) (I can't remember which draft)

Elle Drink #6 - Red White (American Adventure) (Don't remember the vineyard - you will see this problem occur now through the end of our challenge. I guess that will happen to you after 6 drinks)


Christopher Drink #7 - Chianti (Italy)

Elle Drink #7 - Chianti (Italy)

Christopher Drink #8 - Radeberger Pilsner (Germany)

Elle Drink #8 - Riesling (Germany)


Christopher Drink #9 - Tsingtao (China)

Yes - I am eating green tea ice cream out in the cold. Sometimes you don't make the best choices after drinking. I also did not like the drink choices in China. Sooooo I opted to double up in Norway. Like I said...good choices go down hill from here.

Elle Drink #9 - White Wine (Norway)
Christopher Drink #10 - Beer (Norway)

Elle Drink #10 - Godiva Liquor & Baileys Hot Coffee (it was glorious and I wish I could start every morning with this beverage)

Elle Drink #11 - Frozen Margarita (Mexico) - seriously - what was I thinking??? It was so cold out I could not even drink it and resorted to eating it like it was shaved ice. Luckily for me, there are no pictures with my face in the margarita. 

Christopher Drink #11 - Dos Equis
Did we get a little buzzed...um yeah. Eleven drinks will do that to ya. We started at 11 am and finished at 10:30, so that would equate to about a drink an hour and we kept it at a fair pace in order to not make ourselves sick. We stayed well hydrated and had nibbles along the way, including a delicious late night snack at the resort (chicken fingers and pizza - yum).

Our next challenge - the 4 park challenge!!! Coming May 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment