Thursday, February 7, 2013

Almost the Weekend


So excited that today is Thursday and the weekend is almost here. Last night we went out for coffee and dessert with my in-laws. It is always great catching up with them. We will be seeing them again tomorrow night at a fundraiser for Canisius High School. Before meeting out for dessert, I cooked one of my favorite crock pot recipes – Apricot Glazed Pork Roast. I got this recipe from my mom, Kathy, when I was in college. Boy did I show off when I made this. Most college students are lucky enough to cook a pizza and I used my crock pot like a pro.  I think my roommates enjoyed it too. I included the recipe below, but I have no pictures of the finished product. But no worries, if you make the pork roast, I am sure there will be no leftovers for you as well.

Today I am excited to catch up with my very close friend, Christine. I am very excited for her family as they are expecting! I am going to be an aunt all over again! I just keep telling my friends and family – keep it coming.

We have a busy weekend coming up. The CHS fundraiser kicks off the weekend for us Musialowski’s. Saturday we are going up to our favorite vineyard in Niagara-on-the-Lake for some wine and fondue. It is a special the vineyard is offering to its wine club members and the best part…IT IS FREE!
Saturday is also my friend Ashley’s birthday and I am hoping that we will be going out with her and her husband to celebrate. Then Sunday we have mass and we are hoping to visit our friends in Rochester and their 1 month old baby boy! Oh I love babies!

Apricot Glazed Pork Roast
Ingredients:
¾ can of chicken broth
1 jar (about 18 oz) Apricot Preserves
1 onion, sliced or chopped
3-4 lb boneless pork loin roast

Directions:
Mix broth, preserves, onion in crock pot. Add pork & turn to coat. Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours. It is that easy! Great for week day and busy schedules!

No comments:

Post a Comment