Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What is for Dinner Tonight...Taco Bites


You want to know my least favorite question of the day…What is for dinner?  It makes me cringe just typing it. I love cooking and creating recipes, but when I come home from work and nothing is thawed and ready, I suddenly become puzzled and frustrated.

This was last night. Christopher loves tacos but I really was not feeling it. I started to make them when I thought…why not make little taco cups? I had the won-ton wrappers from a Super Bowl party dish I made (Crab Rangoon’s – turned out super cute) and I now own mini muffin pans. So I thought I would give it a whirl.

So glad I did because they turned out perfectly! I made 12 little taco bites, 6 of them were enough for me, but Christopher ate his 6 plus a small taco on the side. (Note to self: make 24 – any leftover can be frozen!)
All I did was brown the ground beef ( I used about 1 lb of beef), drain, then stir in 1 packet of taco seasoning and about 1/3 cup of water. I sprayed my mini muffin tin with some non-stick cooking spray and put 1 won-ton wrapper in each cup. Then I used a teaspoon and filled each cup with ground beef. Next – the toppings! I put shredded cheddar cheese on my 6 and cheese and hot sauce on Christopher’s 6. Then I baked them at 375 for about 10 minutes.

I will definitely be doing this again. And since I have like 20 some wrappers left, I have a feeling I will be making something else with them later this week.

12 Bites - Yummy!

Taco Bites (or Cups)
Ingredients:
1 lb Ground Beef (if you are only making 12 little cups, you will have excess beef)
1 taco seasoning packet
12 won-ton wrappers
Any toppings you desire (cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, hot sauce, etc)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375. Brown the ground beef. Once fully cooked through, drain the grease from the pan. Stir in the packet of taco seasoning into the cooked & drained ground beef, adding about 1/3 cup of water to the pan. Stir the beef with the seasoning and water until all of the seasoning is fully blended and the water is absorbed. Take a mini-muffin pan and lightly spray each individual cup with a non-stick cooking spray. Place 1 won-ton wrapper into each cup (the ends of the wrapper may stick out of the cup – this is okay). Next using a teaspoon, spoon the seasoned and cooked ground beef into each cup. Top each with your desired toppings. Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes or until the won-ton ends turn golden brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment