Friday, February 8, 2013

Let it Snow


So today is the day of the big snow storm and it does look pretty bad out. Right now, I am having lunch at my desk at work with my little heater on. Speaking of work…I have some big work related news…I am getting a promotion! I am very excited about this opportunity. Effective February 15, I will be the SOX Compliance Champion. So far…2013 has been very good to me!

Last night I tried a new recipe I found on recipe.com (here is the link: http://www.recipe.com/spaghetti-pepperoni-pie/ for Pepperoni Spaghetti Pie. I love twists on dinner staples and this seemed to fit the bill. Plus, Christopher LOVES pepperoni, so I felt like this would not really go wrong. And it did not! It was easy and delicious! I included the recipe below (I cut the recipe in ½ since it is only the two of us) or you can follow the link above.

Tonight we are suppose to go to a fundraiser, but if it is really bad out, I will be just content snuggling at home in my comfy clothes and watch the snow come down outside. Sometimes, those are the perfect nights.

This recipe is definitely a keeper! Pepperoni Spaghetti Pie

Pepperoni Spaghetti Pie
 Ingredients
½ lb spaghetti
1/3 cup dry seasoned bread crumbs
2 cups bottled pasta sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
4 oz sliced pepperoni, chopped (quartered each slice)
4 large eggs
3 tbsp grated Parmesan

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large saucepan, bring water to boil and cook spaghetti once water is boiling. Cook the spaghetti until it is just about al dente. Once cooked, drain the pasta and set aside.

I used a pie plate to bake the spaghetti (the online directions said oven-safe skillet) and it worked out fine. Coat the plate with some non-stick spray. In a bowl, combine the spaghetti, bread crumbs, pasta sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni. Stir in the beaten eggs. Then put spaghetti mixture onto the plate.

Note: I mixed up the sauce, crumbs, cheese, pepperoni and eggs together then I tossed the pasta to coat. This also worked very well to thoroughly combine the ingredients.

Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (our top was golden at about 22 minutes). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and let the pie cool. Cut the pie into wedges and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment