Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Experiencing New Things


It has been a little while, but much as happened. My promotion took effect and I am learning so many new things about my new role. I have a list going of all the things I want to change, update and keep the same. I feel very exciting about this role and I feel like I can really make a difference. My in-laws surprised me with flowers at work! It was such a nice gesture and they are still looking beautiful today.

Beautiful flower from my in-laws

Since February 11 (my last blog post), Christopher and I celebrated Valentine’s Day. On the 14th, we had our pizza making contest. I made Christopher’s choice pizza of broccoli, peppers and cheese and Christopher made my pizza – a regular cheese and pepperoni pizza. We put the pizzas to a vote (thanks to Facebook) and Christopher won. I guess I will have to perfect my pizza making skills. Then on Friday, we went out for dinner to Salvatores to celebrate. We dropped Marv (our Sheltie) off at Nan & Papa’s house and spent the night at the Marriott. It was a great, relaxing and romantic night out.

Who do you think is the winner?

Then on Sunday the 17th we celebrated my brother in law’s (J) birthday. We went back to Salvatores and had brunch. They were doing a chocolate themed brunch and it was absolutely wonderful! It included chocolate themed food items, a long stemmed rose for each lady and a strawberry champagne cocktail. The service was wonderful (as always) and we had the same waiter as Friday night. For anyone who loves going to Salvatores, ask for Karl – he is absolutely a delight!

On Thursday I went to our second splurge party group. My friend Tori won this month’s splurge pot. Our hostess Andrea put out a fabulous spread and has a lovely home. Fingers are crossed that I win next month…my list of splurges keeps getting longer!

This past weekend I attended my friend Jessica’s bridal shower. She is seriously the nicest person I have ever met! Her shower was lovely and held at Rizzo’s Banchetti’s. We all did crafts and received little heart measuring spoons as the favor. She and her fiancĂ© Jason were so blessed with wonderful gifts for their future house. I ended up making a gardening basket out of a watering can. Inside were a pair of gloves, 4 packets of seedlings, a set of organic moss pots, trowel, hand shovel, a garden sign and garden flower stake. I included a picture below of the finished product. This worked perfectly as all invitees were asked to bring their gift unwrapped and I still wanted to make my gift look cute and presentable. It was super easy too to find all of the supplies as Spring is right around the corner.

Bridal Shower Gardening Basket

No comments:

Post a Comment