Monday, September 2, 2013

Just a Little Dinner on the Weekend

So in typically Ellen fashion I had a whole to-do list for this weekend of everything I wanted to accomplish. Well...it is Monday and most of it has not gotten done. Which is actually okay because I was able to do many other things. One of them being trying a new recipe!

I LOVE goat cheese. Actually I love ALL cheeses, but right now I am on a goat cheese kick. So dinner Saturday night I decided to make some grilled chicken with roasted tomatoes (this was a fail) and goat cheese. Kind of like the Chicken Bryan recipe from Carrabbas. It turned out pretty good. I served the chicken with sauteed green beans (in the lemon garlic sauce I made for the chicken) and leftover Truffle Tortellini from our dinner at Salvatores (total cheat here - but it went pretty well). Christopher LOVED it and it was fairly simple to made too.

Grilled Goat Cheese Chicken with Butter Sauce
Serve: 2

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
salt & pepper, to taste
olive oil
2 ounces goat cheese
2 roasted tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
4 tsp onions, minced
4 tsp garlic, minced (I think I added a little more - I love garlic)
1 stick of butter
2 tbsp lemon juice

Prepare the chicken: brush chicken on both sides with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until done. While chicken is cooking, prepare the butter sauce. Saute onion and garlic in 2 tbsp butter for about 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes to reduce. Add remaining butter until it melts and looks nice and creamy. Add chopped roasted tomatoes and basil and heat through. Top the grilled chicken breasts with 1/2 oz (or 1/4) of the goat cheese. Cheese may soften and melt a little. Then spoon the lemon butter sauce over the goat cheese and chicken breasts.

Roasted Tomatoes - I sliced up the tomatoes earlier in the day and roasted them in olive oil and minced garlic. Well...I forgot about them and they burned quite a bit. Not having the canned stuff I decided to use them anyway and they were not totally bad, but their taste was a little more potent.



No comments:

Post a Comment