Monday, September 2, 2013

Splurge Update

So I can't remember if I announced this or not, but I won this past month's splurge! And..I have spent my money :)

I originally had planned to use my splurge on a new swimsuit or two. Last week I had my fitting at Blums and they were having a HUGE sale! Like...I walked out of there and felt as if I stole these beautiful suits from them. Anyways, I had a wonderful experience (ask for Angela if you go) and ended up buying two designer swimsuits! Total spent: $62 and change! So...now what was I suppose to spend my splurge on?? I mean this was a good problem to have but I felt like I really have to make it count now.

Cute Right? The one on the left is a Ralph Lauren two piece - top $14.99, bottoms $24.99; Suit on the right is Michael Kors (I love the little zipper accent on the left side) - $19.99!

Christopher and I ended up going garage saleing and we found three beautiful, framed posters and prints of Buffalo. I have wanted a picture in my office at work for quite some time now, so we ended up bargaining with the owner and purchased the three framed pictures for only $40! We split the cost evenly and Christopher said that I get the pick of which picture goes with me to work. I am thinking about putting it up to a vote at the next party and have my friends help because honestly...I like them all! We will probably end up putting the remaining two in the living room of our house.

So now I still have some money to spend! It was totally by accident how I spent the remaining amount of my splurge. We were running errands and stopped at Home Goods to pick up some new table runners for our buffets when I decided to head over next door to TJ Maxx to check out their sales. And it was there that I spotted them...a cute pair of Coach Loafers calling my name. They fit pretty well too! So I got them and a cute pair of Nautica tennis shoes - for Disney of course! I know that it sounds very vain but I would rather wear these cute shoes than my running sneakers around Disney.


So there you have it! I am so excited to show off my splurges at the next party. Every one is loving the idea of a brunch party. I just hope that I can pull it off :)



No comments:

Post a Comment