Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Our Countdown to Disney Continues - Mickey Shaped Pizzas

As we are getting closer and closer to our trip to Disney World, we are getting more and more excited and we are marching through our Disney Countdown activities.

This past weekend, we decided to make Mickey shaped homemade pizzas. I had excess dough from a recipe I was making for Pretzel Wrapped Hot Dogs and used it to make the pizzas. It was really easy - once the dough was made, I used the leftover dough and formed the following - rolled 4 golf ball sized pieces of dough into a ball shape. Then I split two of the large sized balls into two (four smaller sized balls of dough). The large ball of dough is the "face" and the two smaller balls of dough are the "ears". Next I pulled and rolled the dough balls into a circle shape. Once the dough was rolled and formed into a circle, I placed the smaller circles at the top of the large circle and gently pinched together the edges. I did the same for the other pizza. Then we added the toppings we wanted and baked them at 400 for about 15 minutes. Because of their odd shape, I ended up baking them both on a large cookie sheet instead of a pizza pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment