Thursday, September 11, 2014

1st Annual Scleroderma Park Golf Tournament


This weekend we attended the 1st annual Scleroderma Park Golf Tournament! It was a blast! I wish I took more pictures at the event, but I was having so much fun I forgot! Park Golf is the Japanese style of golfing. The sport is a mix of traditional golf and croquet. There are still 18 hole, but the distance is much shorter and just as the name implies, the sport is meant to be "park-like", relaxing and fun.


The tournament was played at the first and only Park Golf course in the United States called Destroyer Park Golf. My Dad learned about this course last year and has been playing at it several times each month this summer. He just loves it and thought it would be a great idea to try as a fundraiser. I am so proud of my Mom because she set this event up all on her own. The owners of the course are fantastic and were so helpful too!


Each persons $20 ticket included their round of golf, equipment - club & ball, light lunch and three chances to win 3 door prizes! I can't wait to hear back from Tri-State Scleroderma to see how much money was raised! We had about 40 participants this first year which is awesome! Hopefully next year we will sell out the tournament!


Everyone had a great time and my Mom received excellent feedback too. A HUGE thank you to everyone who participated in this first event and for those that couldn't make it, but donated. We are so appreciative of your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment