Thursday, September 11, 2014

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

Christopher LOVES fish. I surprised him last weekend with a great dinner. Lately - not going to lie here - I have been getting really lazy with dinner. We are talking, sandwiches, Pizza, soup, pasta & sauce, etc. So...he was thrilled when I made him a "real" dinner. 

This dinner was a real winner too so I thought I would share it because it was pretty easy to make.


Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
Serves 2

2 Tilapia filets
3/4 cup grated parmesan
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tbsp parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste

Mix all dry ingredients into bowl. Literally press the cheese mixture onto the fish to coat it. Place the coated fish on a plate, cover and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to set. This way, when we go to cook it, the "crumbs" will stick better to the fish. 

Get out your frying pan and a little coconut oil (I used 1 tbsp coconut oil but you can use your oil of choice) and let the oil melt and get hot. Cook the fish on each side for 2-4 minutes each depending on thickness of the fish. The fish should easily flake apart when finished. 

I served our fish with sauteed green beans and a garlic parmesan risotto. The beans were fantastic but the risotto sounded good but was less than stellar. Which was okay because the fish was a knock out! Christopher is already begging for me to make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment