Monday, July 29, 2013

Less than 75 Days Until Disney!

In order to celebrate less than 75 days until our family trip to Disney World, I decided to make a special treat - Mickey Pops. They were fairly easy to make, unless you do not have the correct ingredients (like me) and turned out cute.


The ingredients are: Oreos, chocolate melting wafers, white melting chocolate and red food coloring. For the stick, I cut bbq skewers in half and cut off the point - did not want to get poked when I bite into this deliciousness. 

I melted the white chocolate and then added some of the red food coloring. I added quite a bit into order to get the chocolate to look bright like Mickey's clothing. Then I added the two chocolate melting wafers as his ears by gently pushing them into the cream filling. Once the red "pants" was basically hardened, I melted a little more of the white chocolate - no dye this time, and added the two white dots on the pants. And voila the Mickey pops are complete! I did put mine into the refrigerator for a bit to speed up the hardening process. Fairly quick and easy to make.



No comments:

Post a Comment