Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Favorite Picks at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival





In anticipation for our upcoming trip, I thought I would share my favorite food and beverages during the Epcot Food & Wine Festival. We went last year for the first time and LOVED it. The food and beverage I am listing below were my favorite and was showcased in each of the kiosks in 2012. As always, these items are subject to change in future years, but...definitely worth mentioning for anyone who is interested in doing the tastings.

Belgium
For only $1.75, you can try the cutest little truffles that are delicious!!! They are shaped like seashells and you get two in your tasting. Perfect for sharing with your special someone.  My husband loved trying the Hoegaarden and Leffe too. And the Godiva Chocolate Iced Coffee....amazing! I think anything with Godiva is divine.

Canada
The Wild Mushroom Beef Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce ($6.50) AND the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup ($4.00)...enough said...these both are delicious and if you were not able to get a reservation at Le Cellier, you can at least have a little taste of the filet and their famous soup.

China
The Pork Pot Stickers ($3.75) were yummy. If you like the pot stickers from Animal Kingdom's Asia section, you will definitely like these as well.

Desserts & Champagne
You would not want to walk around the park with a glass of champagne and some chocolate? Needless to say, this was one of my favorite kiosks.

Mmm - the slushy!

France
Continuing on the dessert kick, the Chocolate creme brulee ($4) is delicious and definitely worth saving that little bit of room for. And..the Eiffel Tower Wine Slush ($9.75)...mmm. I think on our last trip I had at least two...maybe three (total...not all in a row - I am not a total lush).

Enjoying my chilled Irish coffee
Ireland
I loved the iced irish coffee ($6.50) it was creamy and delicious and gives your tastes buds a break from the wines.

Italy
The Ravioli (5.50) is huge and delicious. Try this one at night when it is not like 90 degrees out; nothing like standing over hot food on a warm day.

Too many margaritas???

Mexico
Love me some margarita! Last year they featured a lime strawberry margarita on the rocks ($7.75) and it was perfect while we were waiting for our table at La Hacienda de San Angel. The tequila flight ($12.50) also looks interesting, although I was not brave enough to try it.

There you have it! Those were my favorites. Do you have anything you would highly recommend? Looking forward to seeing what will be served this year and fingers crossed, Disney Dining Plan snack credits will still be accepted.

Also -heads up that in about one month, reservations for the culinary events at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival will be open for reservations. If you are interested in attending one of the events, make sure you get your reservation and tickets early. I believe reservations open August 13th. Stay tuned!







No comments:

Post a Comment