Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A twist on Bubble Pizza - my mom would be so proud!

Last night for dinner I wanted to make something easy and quick. Yesterday was a tough day for us as we had Christopher's uncle's funeral to attend. After the mass, internment blessing and brunch, we were all pretty pooped. I was going to make Bubble Pizza, a recipe my mom put together when I was a kid and LOVED, but I did not have the ground beef thawed and pizza sauce available. But I could not shake the craving of the puffy buttermilk biscuits and cheese - yum. So I decided to put together a twist on our family classic - BBQ Chicken Bubble Pizza. Although I did not have chicken breasts cooked, I can a can of chicken in the pantry ready to be opened (I know...totally cheating but in a pinch it is a go to!).


Best part - my experiment turned out delicious!!! And Christopher went back for a third portion - which is how I know this recipe is a keeper. But...after doing an internet search I realized that both the Bubble Pizza my mom makes and my version of BBQ Chicken Bubble Pizza have already been created by others :( And here I thought I was being super creative - I guess great minds think alike, right? I will have to post my mom's version of bubble pizza in a later blog - it is divine!

BBQ Chicken Bubble Pizza
Makes 8 servings

2 cans of refrigerated biscuits
1 cup BBQ Sauce
2 cups cooked & chopped chicken OR 1 large can of chicken breast (a great cheat)
1/3 cup cooked & chopped Turkey Bacon
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup sliced green onions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Quarter the refrigerated biscuits and place in a large bowl. Toss the quartered biscuits with the BBQ sauce. Add the chicken, bacon and half of both cheeses. Toss and mix until well combined. Grease a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Pour the biscuit mixture into the prepared pan and spread so the mixture is relatively even in the pan. Top the biscuits with the remaining cheeses and then sprinkle the top with the sliced green onions. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check the center biscuits to ensure they are cooked through. Cool for about 5 minutes before cutting into square pieces. Enjoy!


Oink oink - this recipe is a winner!


No comments:

Post a Comment