Friday, February 6, 2015

BBQ Cheesy Chicken & Potato Bake


Two days ago I cooked another whole chicken in the crock pot (LOVE IT) and had tons of it leftover. I made up two of the following casseroles - one for us and one for a friend. I thought I would share the recipe. It was super easy and convenient and delcious. I mean, come on doesn't the melted cheese make you hungry?

BBQ Cheesy Chicken & Potato Bake
Makes 1 9x13 pan or 2 8x8 pans

3 large potatoes, cooked until tender (I microwaved them for 10 minutes)
1 cup diced or shredded chicken breast (already cooked)
2-3 tbsp favorite bbq sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/4 cup sliced green onion

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray the desired size casserole or glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Cook your potatoes until they are fork tender. Once cooled enough to touch, dice into small cubes and toss into the baking dish(es). Combine the shredded/diced chicken breast with the bbq sauce. Then combine the potatoes and the sauced chicken together in the casserole. dish. I lightly salted and peppered this to our liking. Then top the potato & chicken mixture with the shredded cheese and then top that with the sliced green onion. Pop into the oven for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is all melted and starting to lightly brown on top.

Since I split this into two pans, I baked one and then froze the other for a friend. You all know I love a 2 for 1 bargain :)

No comments:

Post a Comment