Wednesday, February 25, 2015

First Friday of Lent


For the first Friday of Lent, Christopher surprised me and made dinner. Ooo lala! He made a homemade fish fry and french fries. They were delicious and satisfied my craving for a fish fry, because we certainly were not going to go out in the sub zero weather.


In trying to fulfill my lenten promise, I have started to organize small areas, but that have a large impact. The first area I tackled was our side counter in the kitchen. This is usually our dumping area for the mail, lunch pails, laptop bags, anything we are holding, miscellaneous pantry items, etc. It was so nice to go through and put everything area in its right place. The key to this though is trying to keep it clutter free! It is a good exercise to really understand what we are receiving in the mail - can we stop some of the offers? the catalogs? Can we reduce waste?

I think this weekend I will tackle our two "junk" drawers. Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment