Friday, June 14, 2013

Busy Thursday Night

It is amazing how full our week gets! Last night we went to a happy hour and dinner with the Canisius College Alumni Board at Fat Bob's. I was elected to the Board of Directors for this upcoming year and I am very excited to start working with everyone. It was so nice to meet some of the other board members so that I can put names and faces together for when we have our first meeting. Everyone was so nice and welcoming. I am looking forward to our first meeting and orientation in August.

Thursday was also our June splurge night. I was disappointed that I could not go. I look forward to splurge group each month and I am always bummed when I cannot make it. This month the winner was preselected - Christine. As she is expecting in September, she is hosting and splurging for July. I think she is going to splurge on shoes and a purse. I am hoping she invites me on her shopping trip - I have not been to the mall in months!

I decided to take Friday off to do some shopping and stuff around the house. I met my friend Reese for breakfast. It is also so nice to meet up with her and catch up! Then I did shopping for father's day and my mom's birthday. My father wanted a sporting goods gift certificate and we got Papa some lottery ticket scratch-offs. He is going to love it! I taped each of the tickets end to end and rolled them up and put them in a box. A roll of lottery tickets - how fun, right?

For my mom, I got her an I-Tunes gift card and a pretty blue scarf. Well...I should say that Marv Eric got her the scarf. I think she is really going to like it.

Later on today, we are going to my friend Lori's party to celebrate the beginning of summer and then we are going to help set up for the Scleroderma Walk that is on Saturday. Hopefully the donations will come in in these last couple of days! Kathy's Krew may not take home the trophy this year, but we have had fun putting together all of the donations together as a family!

This weekend I will try to post some pictures from the walk :) It will be another nice event!

No comments:

Post a Comment