Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops


So tonight I tried a new recipe - Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops. I was on a roll this week for meals, so I was hoping to go 4 for 4 tonight. Well...in the end, the recipe ended up turning out okay, but I followed the directions to a T and ended up burning one of the sides of the pork chops. I found this recipe on Pinterest (Lil Luna's Blog) and it looked delicious.

Some tweeks I would make:
- when searing the pork chops, make sure you pre-heat the oil so it is hot when you sear the pork chops
- I followed the recipe and for the first side, I sauteed it the full 5 minutes. This lead to burned pork chops. I would suggest doing 3 minutes per side, especially on medium to high heat.
- When baking it in the oven, I baked them at 325 degrees for 12 minutes. That was all it needed and in my opinion, could have been baked less. I do not like a tough chop.

The flavor is definitely good - I liked the cheese breading and it stuck pretty well to the chops. I served the chops with some cooked green beans - italian style. Why not? It was the perfect complement to the pork chops.




No comments:

Post a Comment