Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Chicken = winner; Vegetables = FAIL

So as you all know I am on a quest to enjoy and eat more vegetables. I was reading one of my favorite blogs (http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/) and came acrossed a chessy chicken and grilled vegetables dinner. I thought - why not! I did not have all of the ingredients that the recipe called for, so I improvised as I went along.

The chicken turned out great. But the vegetables not so much. I decided to grill some broccoli florets and sliced yellow squash, but they turned out really soft and soggy. I made a little foil packet to grill them in. I think that was the issue - next time, I would try grilling them on a grill plate. Luckily enough, I also had Christopher prepared corn on the cob for the grill, so our need for a side was saved!

Vegetable - FAIL

Teriyaki Grilled Cheesy Stuffed Chicken - makes 2
(original recipe posted here: http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/post/29056586230)

Ingredients:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 TBSP Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 TBSP Teriyaki Marinade
- 1/2 cup bell peppers (red & orange)

Directions:
Heat grill to 500 degrees. In a small mixing bowl, combine 1 tbsp Teriyaki marinade, garlic powder and cream cheese. Make a slit in the middle of the chicken breast. I cut mine almost in half lengthwise, but kept a seem to keep the chicken together. Stuff each breast with 2 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture. Prepare tin foil with nonstick cooking spray. I used two sheets of tin foil to make sure the packet would be strong enough. Lay the chicken on top of the prepared tin foil. Top each chicken breast with remaining Teriyaki marinade and cut bell peppers. Place tin foil onto grill and cook chicken about 9 minutes on each side.

Cooked Chicken - Yummy!





No comments:

Post a Comment