Monday, June 10, 2013

How do Weekends get so Busy?

Christopher and I had another fun and jammed packed weekend. On Friday, our friends Greg and his girlfriend, Emily came into town from DC. We then packed up the car and drove to Rochester to visit with more friends, Dennis and Anna and their cute baby boy Jack. We had a great night of burgers and games. I think we could have sat there and played Apples to Apples all night.

Then Saturday morning, I met my best friend Christine out for breakfast to celebrate her birthday. We went to Break 'N Eggs, a crepe place and it was delicious. Probably because we started and ended with dessert. Christine ordered the Nutella, banana, strawberry and whipped cream crepe and I had an orange sauce crepe finished with Grand Marnier. They were both scrumptious!

Saturday afternoon was amazing. I practically did NOTHING...well...except for the grocery shopping. But even that did not take long as I had most of the items for this upcoming weeks meals.

Saturday night we went to my friend Ashley's house for a moving party for her friend Felicia. It was a blast and there was so much delicious food! Ashley had dinner catered by Chiavetta's - a grilled chicken catering company based out of Buffalo. We also got to meet a bunch of new people too. And of course catch up with some old friends.

Sunday I had a baby shower to go to for my friend Lauren. It was great to see all of my pregnant friends (I think currently 5 are expecting!) and catch up with each other. I made a diaper cake for Lauren (and my friend Sheryl too) and it turned out pretty good. It was a little harder than I expected because I did not want to individually wrap each diaper (pain in the butt for me AND for the mommy to be), so I tried to fan them out and wrap them together. I used a cake pan to help and rubberbands to keep the layers together.

Cutest favors at the baby shower - pink nail polish (it's a girl!), little feet cookie cutters and we played a lottery game for prizes! Everyone went home with a cute prize - mostly candles. 

Chocolate covered pretzels on every table - so hard to resist!

Voila! This is the diaper cake creation. It turned out pretty cute, right?

My adorable friend Christine and her baby bump!  I can't wait to meet little Molly.

Christine and I at the baby shower

Sunday night Christopher and I relaxed and ate a delicious dinner together. Christopher loves bacon wrapped steak and is trying to perfect his method of cooking them. He ultimately would like to do a bite sized version for tailgating at Bills games. So Sunday night I got to be the Guinea Pig and try his bite sized creations. What a success! They cooked fairly quickly and were delicious! I made the sides - grilled broccoli and green squash finished in a garlic butter sauce and garlic smashed potatoes (Christopher's request).

Bacon wrapped steaks, grilled squash & broccoli and garlic smashed potatoes - yummy!

After dinner, we relaxed and watched Disney's Brave. We are totally excited for our trip to Disney and have continued the vacation countdown. We are looking forward to watching more Disney movies as the day gets closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment