Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Trying to Eat Healthy - Why is it so hard??

So now that the weather is getting warmer, all of sudden, our household is craving sweets, tasty BBQ, and lots and lots of ice cream. Ugh - why are all of the good tasting foods unhealthy for you? Christopher and I are trying to turn things around in the pantry and fridge. I think we are actually doing pretty well. We started last week Monday really planning our meals before heading to the grocery store and I think our meals ended up being fairly well balanced.

Here is a listing of what we made for dinner:

Monday: Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Roasted Asparagus and Corn
Tuesday: Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps and Smashed Red Potatoes
Wednesday: Bourbon Mahi Mahi with Green Beans and leftover Smashed Red Potatoes
Thursday: Pineapple Mango Chicken Skewers with broccoli
Friday: Canisius Alumni Tent Party - I had two BBQ ribs, 1 small grilled chicken breast and side salad. Christopher had....a little more ;)
Saturday: Our friends wedding...needless to say we indulged. I mean, come on, they served filet mignon and lobster!
Sunday: Stuffed Pork Tenderloin, mixed vegetables, and roasted potatoes

Not too bad. I actually lost about 4 pounds too :)

Here is this weeks menu:
Monday: Grilled Chicken, Broccoli, Garlic Baguette and Smashed Red Potatoes
Tuesday: Birthday dinner celebration with Reese at Merge. I ordered Mac & Cheese and Blueberry Glazed Chicken thighs...indulge for my birthday??? I did a little
Wednesday (tonight): Grilled Chorizo and peppers with asparagus
Thursday: Weather depending...tent food at the Buffalo Corporate Challenge (not sure what they are serving) OR Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops with Green Beans
Friday: Not sure yet either - we are driving to Rochester to visit our friends that live there and our friends coming in from Washington, D.C. Should be a good time. I am going to try to pre-make a quinoa dish on Thursday night to eat late afternoon so I do not overeat at dinner.

Yummy yummy, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment