Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

For lunch today, I decided I would try a Cauliflower crust pizza. I have been sceptical since reading about them in magazines and seeing the recipes on Pinterest. I don't know about you, but I do not like cauliflower but I am trying hard to like it. Back to the whole vegetable bit - trying to like them. I decided to take a chance on one of the recipes I found on FitSugar (http://www.fitsugar.com/Low-Carb-Cauliflower-Crust-Pizza-Recipe-30739512).

Verdict: it was delicious! But then, I guess adding cheese to anything for me makes a meal taste good. This is also a good low-carb option too. I will be keeping this around for a while. Although Christopher was not brave enough to try. Luckily, my friend Ashley is a guinea pig for my meals and she loved it too! Two thumbs up.

Prepared & Baked Crust

Cauliflower Pizza Crust - makes 2 servings (one pizza)

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups grated cauliflower (about 1 small head) (I used a cheese grater to grate the cauliflower - this was super easy)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup pizza or tomato sauce
Any other toppings you like

Directions:

Line a pizza pan with parchment paper and pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Grate the cauliflower using a cheese grater over a large, microwave safe bowl until you have about two cups of cauliflower crumbles. Microwave the crumbles for 6-8 minutes or until soft. Let cool.

Mix in the egg, one cup of mozzarella, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder to the bowl of cauliflower. Once combined, pat the mixture into the prepared pizza pan (try your best to make it as round as possible). Spray the top lightly with a nonstick spray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.

Top the pizza with the sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and any other topping you would like. Bake in the oven until the cheese has melted, about another 10 minutes. Cut and enjoy!


Finished Product!

No comments:

Post a Comment