Friday, August 2, 2013

Bubble Pizza

As promised, I will share one of my favorite childhood recipes - Bubble Pizza. There are lots of variations of this on the internet but this is the one my mom made for us. I still love it! When I was in college, this was one of my roommates favorite dishes I would make and now Christopher loves it too. Enjoy!!!

Bubble Pizza
Serves: 6 or 4 hungry people

2 cans of refrigerated biscuits
1 lb ground beef
1 small jar pizza sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Brown the ground beef. While the ground beef is cooking, quarter the biscuits. Lightly spray a 13x9 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange the quartered biscuits on the bottom so that the whole bottom of the pan is covered. Once the ground beef is cooked and drained, mix in the whole jar of pizza sauce to the pan with the ground beef. If you would like, saute the beef in the pizza sauce for a couple of minutes to really meld with flavors together. Sprinkle the sauced ground beef over the biscuits in the prepared pan. Try to cover the biscuits with the beef mixture as evenly as possible. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Take the pan out and add both the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Put bake in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, until the cheeses are melted and the bottom biscuits are cooked through. I let the dish set for about 5 minutes after taking it out of the oven before cutting into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment