Monday, August 5, 2013

Past Weekend Fun - Buffalo's Italian Festival

I love Buffalo in the summer; our city is blessed to host many festivals, carnivals, parades, etc in the summer time. Every weekend there is always something different going on. This past weekend was the Italian Festival, which is one of my favorites! Who cannot resist the pizza, sausage, cannolis, meatballs, pastas, gelato, etc. We are lucky enough to live fairly close by so we are able to walk to the festival. We went almost every day and was able to try a little bit each time. My favorites were:

Campi's Pizza - they offer this HUGE pizza slice and is always piping hot
Salvatore's Italian Garden - I LOVE the Mozzarella Stuffed Meatball and the Sausage Loaf
Gelato Gypsy - who doesn't love Gelato??? They offered 6 different flavors to try. My favorite was the Tiramisu, which had actual espresso soaked lady fingers in it
Lombardos - Arancine with Fontina Cheese; totally going to try to make these. Right now I am obsessing with Risotto...maybe swap out and use quinoa??? Who wants to test taste with me??

It was a great weekend to enjoy the festival too. The weather was perfect everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment