Wednesday, August 21, 2013

JJM Recovery Golf Tournament


This past Sunday was the JJM Recovery Golf Tournament at Chestnut Hill Country Club in Darien, NY. After weeks (and months) of preparation, the day came! It was a beautiful, sunny day perfect for golfing. Everything went really well thanks to the hard work of our volunteers and our family team.


A little disappointing this year was the turnout. We had 17 teams commit but only 13 showed up and played. We also had 28 people confirmed for dinner, but several couples did not show. We will not let this get us down though! We had so many people sponsor the tournament, send donations, including fabulous auction items!

Christopher played golf but this year I rested in between set up and registration and getting ready for the auction and dinner. It was still a busy day! We bought some auction tickets and ended up winning three prizes! We won a zero gravity chair, a basket of gourmet cooking oils and a liquor basket. We actually ended up winning two more, but for one his mom was not paying attention to the ticket numbers being called out - rats! And then for the other...I am embarrassed to say that we won the prize, but for some reason, I don't know what came over me...I told them to re-draw. I was nervous because we host the event and here we were winning all the prizes. I mean, we did donate and purchase 6 sheets of tickets, so there are quite a few in the bags, but still I felt funny about it.

We are still confirming the final tally, but I am happy and proud of how it all came together! I took a vacation day on Monday to celebrate the hard work put into the tournament.

To celebrate a job well down, Christopher and I went up to Niagara on the Lake, ON, one of our favorite places to go and picked up our quarterly wine club installment. If you have never been to NOTL, it is a must visit place! Our favorite winery is Jackson-Triggs, which is what the wine club is through. They treat all of the visitors like gold and their wine is fabulous.






No comments:

Post a Comment