Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Surprise Romantic Dinner for Christopher

So this weekend was rare in that I did not have any formal plans - YEAH! But don't think I sat on my butt doing nothing either. On Saturday I started to deep clean several rooms in the house in preparation for Fall. I also ran errands and got to visit with my friend Carly and our Godson Wyatt. What a cutie pie! I loved his big belly laughs - they are just so precious.



Then on Sunday I continued my cleaning marathon and errand running. But I was really in the mood to cook...sooooo I decided to cook a 5 course romantic dinner for Christopher. He has been really busy lately working hard to find a job, volunteer, network, etc. I surprised him when he came home! I styled our dining room table with linens, centerpiece and placing settings. For the courses, I made the following:

1) Zucchini Feta Fritters with cool ranch sauce

2) Wedge Salad with turkey bacon, tomatoes and onions and a bacon infused creamy blue cheese dressing

3) Chicken and Herb Dumpling Soup

4) Roasted Garlic Chicken with steamed broccoli and roasted garlic potatoes

5) Oreo Marshmellow Bars

I will post recipes in a bit! For now, here are the pictures of the table and place settings.





No comments:

Post a Comment